Thursday, March 24, 2011

recipes for pancakes

A couple of weeks ago I shared that we had pancakes for dinner for Shrove Monday...I mean Tuesday and I was asked to the post the recipes...How remiss of my not to post them then and there!
So Pancakes with Strawberry sauce
Strawberry Sauce
Cut up as many Strawberries as you want
Add a dash of lemon juice
and a heck load of sugar...
put on the stove let it bubble and stew...until the strawberries have started to break down a bit and got warm
serve on your favourite plain pancakes...
DELICIOUS!!
Japanese Pancakes
quarter of a cabbage
half an onion
tin of corn (300 grams)
4 eggs
2 cups of plain flour
3/4 cup of water (gradually add more if you need it)
1-2 cups of cheese
200- 270 grams bacon
slice cabbage finely, add bacon and plain flour and water, mix everything else in
to cook dollop a little bit of butter in the pan
scoop a spoonful out into the pan and flatten with your egg flip! 
cook to golden
ENJOY!

bacon and cheese optional
the ones we ate had cheese but not bacon...we have vegetarians in the family!
I hope you enjoy and let me know if you give them a go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for stopping by and saying hello! It really means so much that you have read and said hello! I love that you comment and I try to get back to all comments by replying under yours, so please check back for a reply