Wednesday, December 06, 2006

catching the ball with my shin

so...i wasn't entirely embarrassed when i played the staff v students game! however i did miss a ball that got thrown to me and then it connected with my shin...it really hurt and there was swelling. and now there is a reasonable bruise.

and i didn't even get out for a golden duck...i got one run! i was pretty stoked!

we had a carols night at school last night and it was pretty sweet. some of the grade 12's came back for it which was nice cause they have been done for a few weeks now. and i got the chance to hang with some of the students afterwards. there are some talented kids at their school and it's such a blessing to be working with them and to get to know them. Julian announced that it's a month to the QLD road trip which is pretty exciting. we are taking 8 young people up to QLD for two weeks this summer. it is going to be a fantastic time to get to know them, share in devotion and have a really fun time in the process. Eug and I have contacts up there and so we are pretty excited anyway to be going back and seeing some old mates! i think the most exciting part is that the YP are so excited about it

my back is heaps stiff

i bought contemplative youth ministry today...i heard about it earlier in the year so i bought it so mum can give it to me fr christmas i'm looking forward to reading it.

the last cd's i bought were darren hanlon fingernails and mountain tops, the killers latest and kashmir curse of being a girl...check them ALL out!

and finally i ran most of ward street today to catch a bus....the driver saw me started tooting the horn and waved me over...and said mate i would have stopped for you back at the last lights...i was happy he stopped for me, he was a friendly fellow! kudos to that bus driver!

2 comments:

  1. 1 run! you'awesome!

    QLD for me and J in 11 sleeps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you heard mates of states' bring it back? my current favourite record! i so nearly went to see them when they were here, i'm so crazy for not going. i've heard some of the new killers stuff, way different but gooooood.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for stopping by and saying hello! It really means so much that you have read and said hello! I love that you comment and I try to get back to all comments by replying under yours, so please check back for a reply